Rotary Gear Shift Dial
The 2017 Fusion has a thoughtfully designed interior. For example, a new low-profile rotary gear shift dial has been specifically designed to take up less room, which opens up space for more conveniently arranged cupholders and a USB port — right where you need them.
Ride and Handling
• 325 hp/380 lb.-ft of torque,* standard AWD on V6 Sport
• 6-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission with available steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
• European-inspired independent MacPherson strut-type suspension with stabilizer bar to help reduce road noise and vibrations and reduce body roll while cornering
• Electric power-assisted steering (EPAS) with pull-drift compensation to help continuously correct for road irregularities and to improve overall steering feel, especially when driving on crowned roads or in heavy side winds
• Continuously controlled damping is exclusive to V6 Sport within this lineup and delivers controlled cornering and a smooth ride
*Horsepower and torque ratings achieved with 93 octane fuel.
Intelligent All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
Intelligent AWD* sensors balance torque between the front and rear wheels to enhance handling and maximize traction, typically before wheelslip can even occur. AWD is available on SE, Titanium and Platinum* and standard on V6 Sport with the 2.7L EcoBoost® engine.
Not available on the Fusion Hybrid and the Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid.
*When equipped with the 2.0L EcoBoost engine.
Auto Start-Stop Technology
You can help reduce vehicle emissions with Auto Start-Stop Technology. When the vehicle comes to a stop in city driving, the engine is automatically shut off. The air conditioning and radio stay on, keeping you comfortable. The engine seamlessly restarts the instant your foot leaves the brake pedal. Standard on the 1.5L EcoBoost® engine.
EcoSelect and EcoCruise
EcoSelect, when engaged, directs the vehicle to drive more efficiently, with trade-offs for acceleration/deceleration, noise, vibration and harshness (NVH), and climate control. It features:
• Less aggressive heating and cooling
• Softer acceleration, plus increased regenerative braking deceleration while coasting
• EcoCruise activation
• A graphic that appears in the information display when EcoSelect is active.
• Memory of the last selected mode (On/Off) between key cycles.
Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
New hardware, new software and a new design make the 2017 Fusion Navigation System* more responsive and user-friendly than ever. Available 8-inch LCD touchscreen in the center stack offers swiping capabilities as well as the ability to pinch the screen to zoom in and see exactly where you are. And with SiriusXM® Radio, you can enjoy more than 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus live sports, news and exclusive entertainment, with a six-month trial subscription to the All Access package included with your new vehicle. You’ll hear every channel available, plus you can listen online and on the SiriusXM app.
*Pair with SYNC® 3 for voice-activation. Available on SE, Titanium and Sport and standard on Platinum. Must be equipped with SE Technology Package and V6 Sport Upgrade Package for SE and Sport
Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection*
If the system’s sensors detect a potential collision with a car or pedestrian in front of you, a warning flashes on the windshield and an audible alert sounds. Also, the brakes will precharge and increase brake-assist sensitivity to provide full responsiveness when you brake. If the driver does not take corrective action and collision is imminent, brakes can automatically apply. Available on SE, Titanium and Sport and standard on Platinum.
*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and the need to control the vehicle. While Pre-collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection may be especially helpful in unexpected situations, it does not replace the driver and has limitations, including nighttime, low and harsh lighting conditions, vehicles moving in a different direction and certain weather conditions.
Standard Rear View Camera*
Put the gear selector in Reverse and the rear view camera automatically transmits the image of what’s behind your vehicle to your touchscreen when you’re slowly backing up. The rear view camera is standard on all models.
*2017 model year shown, with available SYNC® 3 with 8-inch screen, 4.2-inch is standard. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle.